In spring 2018 Austria has joined Mission Innovation. With the first Mission Innovation Austria Week 2019 the country presents itself as an active partner of the global initiative. From 6 to 10 May, national and international experts and designers of tomorrow’s energy solutions will meet in Stegersbach and Oberwart, south of Vienna. The Mission Innovation Austria Week is organised by the Austrian Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology together with cooperation partners.
The Future Technology and Innovation Days will take place from Monday, 6.5.2019 to Wednesday, 8.5.2019. Current developments will be presented and discussed in a series of parallel events. The role of start-ups and scale-ups in the innovation process will be discussed. Also the role of “need owners” and regions in the implementation of technologies and solutions will be highlighted with contributions from “A Challenge from Sweden“.
On Thursday, 9.5.2019 and Friday, 10.5.2019 the Conference Days will take place, which will be opened by Federal Minister of Transport, Innovation and Technology Norbert Hofer. The Minister will be given the messages elaborated during the week for the Mission Innovation Ministerial Meeting in Vancouver. The Minister will hand over the Mission Innovation Austria Awards. High-level speakers will then shed light on the Austrian innovation strategies and landscape, including the role of international research cooperation. With participation of the Austrian Climate and Energy Fund, The Austrian Research Promotion Agency, austria wirtschaftsservice, Swedish Energy Agency, European Commission, World Energy Council, European Investment Fund and others.
On Friday, 10.05.2019, a gathering for participants in the MI Innovation Challenges will be organised. This gathering will provide the possibility for the ICs to present themselves to the Austrian stakeholders from Industry and Research as well as to network among the different ICs.
Additionally ICs will hold a meeting to prepare for the announcement of the first MI multilateral call for R&D Projects in Vancouver.
MI ICs have two important roles to play in the MICall19:
- ICs have worked together on research agendas, so they are global agenda setters for the entire topics and should be heard in preparation of the call
- ICs are important matchmaking platforms to start project consortia together with industry partners
At the meeting in Austria we intend to prepare for the matchmaking in Vancouver together with the ICs and the funding program owners / managers and hear their opinions in regards of topics to be covered in the call.
Program Details of the Mission Innovation Austria Week
- Conference Days
- Technology and Innovation Deep Dives
- Growing with Innovation
- PV Direct Use and Energy Communities
- Messages, awards, keynotes and panel discussions
- From the strategy to marketable solutions
- Austrian innovation initiatives take their place on an international stage
- Technologies for integrated energy systems and sector linking
- Energy communities – who will develop the energy and community solutions?
- Digitalization and innovation processes for technology-based business models
- Research cooperations pave the way to international markets
The detailed agenda is also available for download.