Shifting to a Hydrogen Economy: A Roadmap to Reality
Climate Action is pleased to announce the Transition Summits, a series of 2-day virtual events focusing on 5 key sector transitions: Hydrogen, Industry, Transport, Energy and Cities.
First up, hydrogen! Hydrogen will be vital if we are to meet 2030 climate goals and beyond. But as governments set out ambitious hydrogen strategies, deeper public-private partnerships and new investment is required to make the hydrogen hype a reality.
The Hydrogen Transition Summit will take place on the 23 & 25 February with 4 deep-dive sessions on how hydrogen will play a critical role in the Energy Transition.
Mission Innovation will work with the organisers, Climate Action, to drive positive, proactive engagement while exploring the role of clean hydrogen as a key driver of the transition to net-zero. Mission Innovation (MI) is the main intergovernmental platform working to accelerate clean energy innovation to address climate change, improve energy access, and make clean energy affordable.
- Hear and learn from Influential Speakers including Government Ministers, CEOs & Sustainability Leaders, including representatives from Mission Innovation
- Access innovative technology and solutions accelerating the hydrogen transition
- Network with delegates by using the event platform networking functions and features
- Foster international and cross-sector collaboration to shift towards a hydrogen economy
- Learn how different governments are addressing hydrogen & their strategy for the future
- Support the creation of policy frameworks that encourage investment
- Bart Biebuyk, Executive Director, FCH-JU
- Francesco La Camera Director General, IRENA
- Will Lochhead, Deputy Director, Head of Industrial Carbon Capture and Hydrogen Business Models, BEIS, UK Government
- Ita Kettleborough Deputy-Director, Energy Transitions Commission
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis Secretary General, Hydrogen Europe
- Shiva Dustdar Head of Innovation Finance, European Investment Bank
- Andreas Wagner Hydrogen Lead, Energy Transitions Commission
- Max Correa Achurra Executive Director, Solar and Energy Innovation Committee, CORFO Chile
Core Discussion Points:
- What policies will create the necessary signals for investors?
- How can production be ramped up to meet ambitious hydrogen targets?
- What do end users need to commit to hydrogen?
- How can various stakeholder groups work together to ensure the hydrogen economy becomes a reality?
The event will welcome industry leaders including Smart Energy, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group, Carbon Trust, Galp and Hyundai who will share business insights and foster international and cross-sector collaboration to shift towards a hydrogen economy.
How to Register:
You can register online for free here. Contact Climate Partnerships and Content Executive Rachel Cooper directly if you have any questions on +44 (0) 207 871 0173 or email at email@example.com