Innovation for Sustainable Aviation Fuels (ISAF) is a community aiming to forge global partnerships for sustainable and cost-effective strategies for Sustainable Aviation fuels.
- Convening the global research and innovation community on Sustainable Aviation Fuels with a shared and prioritized innovation agenda and dedicated working groups;
- Facilitating research & innovation collaborations;
- Accelerating private investment for global Impact;
- Information Sharing by developing a repository for information on cutting-edge innovation topics; and
- Outreach to the global audience to disseminate information about the challenges and opportunities associated with Sustainable Aviation Fuels.
Co-Leads:India United States
Participants:China, European Commission, Netherlands, Denmark
Knowledge Partners: International Energy Agency (IEA), International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Enhancing the value proposition: Develop and demonstrate innovative and integrated value chains for aviation biofuels, bioproducts, and to respond with agility to market factors while providing economic and environmental benefits.
- Mobilizing National / International Resources: National resources on complete testing of specifications as per ASTM, input on certification process and involvement of air engine manufacturers.
- Focus on cultivating end-use market and customers: Meet early-adoption market demands and catalyse new markets that support sustainable, affordable aviation biofuel.
- Enhanced Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration: Grow an informed community of public and private stakeholders that understands and contributes to an enduring, Sustainable aviation biofuel, while appreciating its challenges and benefits.
- Workshops to identify priority areas, exchange of best practices, and secure resource commitment.
- Joint R&D call for proposals and cooperation between interested MI member countries for identified areas.
- Development of demonstration projects based on newer technology pathways.
- Exchange of information, best practices on technical and economic indexes.
- Development of international technical specifications.