The Goal: Enable Carbon Dioxide Removal technologies to achieve a net reduction of 100 million metric tons of CO2 per year globally by 2030.
The Mission: We will catalyse a global CDR industry by advancing research and development for CDR technologies, harmonizing lifecycle analyses (LCAs) and technoeconomic analyses (TEAs), and facilitating near-term pilot-scale tests and deployment.
 Including direct air capture (DAC), biomass with carbon removal and storage (BiCRS), and enhanced mineralization.
- [November 5 , 2021] Just launched! The Carbon Dioxide Removal Mission was announced at COP26. Read our joint mission statement for more information.
Co-leads: United States Saudi Arabia Canada
- United States of America, Department of Energy
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Ministry of Energy
- Canada, Natural Resources Canada
Core Mission Members:
- Norway, Gassnova
Mission Support Group:
- Australia, national Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO)
- European Commission, Directorate-General for Research & Innovation
- Japan, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- India, Ministry of Science and Technology (DBT and DST)