Role in MI
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Co-leads the Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Co-leads the Renewable and Clean Hydrogen Innovation Challenge
- Participates in the:
- Smart Grids Innovation Challenge
- Off-Grid Access to Electricity Innovation Challenge
- Carbon Capture Innovation Challenge
- Sustainable Biofuels Innovation Challenge
- Converting Sunlight Innovation Challenge
- Clean Energy Materials Innovation Challenge
- Affordable Heating and Cooling of Buildings Innovation Challenge
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2015
Baseline funding amount: AUD $108 million (USD $80 million)
Doubling target year: 2020
Doubling target amount: AUD $208 million (USD $156 million)
Find out more about how Australia’s baseline and doubling are calculated
*Figures in the spending chart are based on USD exchange rates in 2020
Australia’s MI baseline includes research and development, but not demonstration.
News and events
Update on Australia’s participation in Mission Innovation (January 2018)
MI Champions is a program for recognizing and supporting the next wave of energy technology leaders.
Meet Australia’s Champions!