Ms. Rosalinde Van Der Vlies
MI Steering Committee Vice-Chair
Director, Clean Planet, DG Research & Innovation
Ms. Anna Krzyzanowska
MI Steering Committee member
Adviser, Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
Role in Mission Innovation
- Chairs the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Secretariat
- Co-leads the Clean Hydrogen Mission
- Supports the Green Powered Future Mission
- Contributes to the Innovation Platform (Insights, Accelerate, and Collaborate modules – co-leads the Innovation Community on Affordable Heating and Cooling of Buildings, IC7)
News and events
- [June 2, 2021] European Union joins Mission Innovation members in launching MI2.0 and a decade of clean energy innovation to accelerate achieving the Paris Agreement Goals
- European Union celebrates Mission Innovation’s 5-year anniversary: Successful collaboration remembered through 5 major achievements
- On October 17, 2018, Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, and Bill Gates, Chairman of Breakthrough Energy Venture, signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish Breakthrough Energy Europe (BEE), a joint investment fund that will help innovative European companies develop and bring to market radically new clean energy technologies.
- On 22 May, 2018, the MI Secretariat, the International Energy Agency and the European Commission Joint Research Centre held a joint workshop to enhance the collection and understanding of data on public and private spending on energy RD&D.
- The European Commission is offering several clean energy innovation funding opportunities.
MI Champions is a program for recognizing and supporting the next wave of energy technology leaders.
Meet the European Commission’s Champions!
Participation in MI’s first phase
- Participated in the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Participated in the Mission Innovation Secretariat
- Participated in the Analysis and Joint Research Sub-Group
- Participated in the Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Co-led the:
- Participated in the:
- (First phase) PLANS AND PRIORITIES
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2017
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2018
- HIGHLIGHTS IN 2019
- (First phase) INNOVATION BREAKTHROUGHS
Clean Energy Innovation investment (MI 1.0)
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2013-2015
Baseline funding amount: EUR €989 million (USD $1.1 billion)
Doubling target year: 2020
Doubling target amount: EUR €1.974 billion (USD $2.2 billion)
*Figures in the spending chart are based on USD exchange rates in 2021