Role in MI
- Participates in the:
- Smart Grids Innovation Challenge
- Off-Grid Access to Electricity Innovation Challenge
- Carbon Capture Innovation Challenge
- Sustainable Biofuels Innovation Challenge
- Converting Sunlight Innovation Challenge
- Clean Energy Materials Innovation Challenge
- Affordable Heating and Cooling of Buildings Innovation Challenge
- Renewable and Clean Hydrogen Innovation Challenge
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2013-2015
Baseline funding amount: NOK 1.132 billion (USD $140 million)
Doubling target year: 2020
Doubling target amount: NOK 2.265 billion (USD $280 million)
Year 1: Funds allocated for studies on the Norwegian full-scale CCS project were significant this year.
Year 2: Last year’s reporting was incorrect as the funds allocated for technological development through state agency Enova was lower than originally reported. The correct figures are reported above.
Year 3: This includes an allocation of NOK 345 million to be confirmed in May 2019 related to the Norwegian full-scale CCS project (which forms part of the baseline).
MI Champions is a program for recognizing and supporting the next wave of energy technology leaders.
Meet Norway’s Champions!