Role in MI
- Hosted MI-4, the 4thMI Ministerial
- Leads the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Secretariat
- Co-leads the Analysis and Joint Research Sub-Group
- Participates in the Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Leads the Ministerial Planning Team
- Co-leads the:
- Participates in the:
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): FY 2014-15
Baseline funding amount: CAD $387 million (USD $295 million)
Doubling target year: FY 2019-20
Doubling target amount: CAD $775 million (USD $590 million)
Canada is on track to meet or exceed our doubling target. Data on Canada’s expenditures in Fiscal Year 2018-19 are not yet available, but are expected to show a significant further increase in spending as the initiatives announced in Budget 2017 continue to be implemented.
Statistics Canada administers an annual survey of private sector spending on energy research and development (excluding demonstration) – see Industrial energy research and development expenditures by area of technology, by industry group.