Role in MI
- Participates in the Mission Innovation Steering Committee
- Co-leads the Analysis and Joint Research Sub-Group
- Participates in the Business and Investor Engagement Sub-Group
- Co-leads the:
- Participates in the:
Progress towards doubling public investment
Country-determined baseline year(s): 2014-2015
Baseline funding amount: INR 470 crore (USD $72 million)
Doubling target year: 2019-2020
Doubling target amount: INR 967 crore (USD $145 million)
These are only direct research costs incurred in the implementation of project and do not include man-hour costs of regular scientists employed (which are also funded by public funds) in the institutions. Overheads for implementation of projects are only partially supported (15%).
The Ministry of Science and technology (DBT & DST) is jointly working with International Energy Agency in preparing a template for Data Collection to track the Public and Private Sector Clean Energy RD&D Spending.
News and events
- India’s Ministry of Science and Technology is supporting the Global Cooling Prize, a $3 million prize to develop and scale breakthrough affordable cooling solutions. Preliminary application deadline: June 2019
- India launches a $5 million USD Call for Proposals for collaborative R&D with Mission Innovation member countries in the field of Sustainable Advanced Biofuels. Deadline: 31 August 2018
- $6 million Call for Proposals by the Department of Biotechnology, Department of Science and Technology and Ministry of Science and Technology in India for joint Research & Development with member MI countries in the field of Converting Sunlight. Deadline for Letters of Intent: 1 July 2018
- The IEA is working with the Indian government to analyse opportunities to accelerate the RD&D of clean energy technologies in India.
- The results of the Calls for Proposals from India and France on Off-Grid Access to Electricity (IC2) were announced at the third Mission Innovation Ministerial.
- India hosted the International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels 2018 held in New Delhi on February 26-27, 2018.
- Update on India’s participation in Mission Innovation (January 2018)